WHY CHOOSE A CANNABIS-INFUSED EDIBLE?
There are a lot of great reasons why edibles are the preferred method of cannabis ingestion for many individuals. Here are a few...
Edibles offer medical marijuana patients and recreational cannabis users a convenient way to consume cannabis without the harmful side effects of smoking or vaporizing.
Edibles allow users to introduce high levels of a specific cannabinoid (or a combination of cannabinoids) to the system- allowing people to treat their illnesses with more efficacy than ever before.
TREATMENT FOR MANY DISORDERS
The base levels of THC found in professionally-produced edible products work together to create an effective treatment for many disorders, including chronic pain, muscle spasms and inflammation, autoimmune disorders, nervous system disorders, and insomnia.
Many users of edibles report feeling less of the head high typically caused by THC and more of a body high, especially in lower doses of 10 mg or less.
DISCREET & UNINVASIVE
Edibles are a more discreet way to medicate, as compared to smoking or vaporizing. They can be ingested openly and don't produce byproducts such as secondhand smoke.
LONGER, SUSTAINED EFFECTS
Edible cannabis passes through your digestive system like any other food. It is absorbed into the body throug the gastrointestinal tract (rather than the lungs, as with smoking or vaporizing). The psychoactive effects are more gradual, and longer lasting.
Source: KIVA Confections
Choose Plants Over Pills
Marijuana has proven a wonderful treatment option for a variety of conditions of both a physical and psychological nature. The reason that the medical properties of this magical plant are so wide ranging is that cannabis is made up of various cannabinoids, each of which can be used to treat different conditions or symptoms. The two most medically relevant cannabinoids are THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol) and CBD(cannabidiol). As we move toward decriminalizing or, in some cases, fully legalizing the use of marijuana, users can further tailor medical cannabis to suit their needs by selecting strains that are appropriate for treating their condition at medical marijuana dispensaries or even to grow at home. The list of conditions that medical cannabis can be helpful in treating includes:
- Can stop or slow progression in growth of cancerous tumors
- Relieves chronic pain
- Can encourage appetite in cancer and HIV patients, as well as sufferers of eating disorders
- Can relieve pressure in the eyes caused by glaucoma
- Can reduce cell damage caused by chemotherapy
- Can help relieve nausea
- Helps control muscle spasms caused by multiple sclerosis
- Reduces the severity and frequency of seizures in epileptics and patient suffering from other seizure disorders
- Provides relief from the symptoms of Crohn’s disease and IBS
- Provides relief from the debilitating tremors associated with Parkinson’s
- Relieves the symptoms of PTSD
- Provides relief from general anxiety disorders
- Provides relief from sleep disorders
- Can slow down the progression of Alzheimer’s
This is just a sampling of the conditions that can be treated with the medical marvel that is marijuana. You may notice that many of these ailments are auto-immune disorders. Even the staunchest of medical marijuana opponents must surely agree that a herbal medication that shows some promise in relieving the symptoms of or slowing the progression of these illnesses demands further research and certainly, the sufferers of these conditions must not be deprived of this medication.